Whether you are looking to streamline or grow your agency, Teamwork can help your team become more efficient and in turn make your clients happier.
Here are a few ways in which our core product can set you on a path to success.
- Streamline and scale - manage day to day work while also tracking the bigger picture.
- Efficiency - optimize your team's capacity by leveraging our key time-saving features.
- Centralized cross-project management - track and manage your projects and resources from a high-level standpoint.
- Collaboration - work closely with your clients and keep them up to date on how their project is progressing.
This quick start guide will outline the some of the key steps to setting your team up for success with Teamwork.
Firstly, you will want to invite your team to your Teamwork site. You can do this by jumping to the People subsection of the main People area. Just click Invite Users to get started. You can also click the arrow to the right of the button to add a single user.
Whether you are looking to invite teammates or clients, you can utilize Teamwork's range of user types to meet each person's needs:
- Standard user - primary user type in Teamwork most often used for your company's employees who are going to be managing and working on your projects in depth, occupying paid seats in your Teamwork subscription.
- Client user - invite clients into your projects where necessary, without incurring extra costs onto your subscription. They can be added to up to 5 of their company's projects and can avail of the same range of project level permissions as standard users, but are restricted in some other aspects such as administrator privileges.
- Collaborator - bring third parties in to your projects in a limited capacity to perform basic actions such as completing tasks assigned to them, adding comments & messages, or view files.
Creating a project
In just a couple of clicks, you can create a new project on your site. Head to the Projects area and click the Add Project button. Projects can either be built from scratch or from a template.
Time and Billing are two project features that play an important role when working with external clients. These can be enabled via the project's settings.
Adding task lists and tasks
Next up is building out your newly created project with task lists and tasks. You have full autonomy over your projects, meaning you choose how best to group tasks into suitable task lists to meet the project's and team's needs.
With your project, task lists, and tasks set up, your team can quickly get to work and log the time they spent on each task as they go.
Each time you or your team logs time, you can set a date and time as well as time spent. Additionally, you can mark these individual time logs as billable meaning you can later add them to invoices.
Once your team starts tracking their time on projects, you can quickly and easily start generating invoices for their work.
In the Billing area of the project, you can set an hourly rate for each employee via the Set Rates option in the top right.
When you then start adding time logs to invoices, the corresponding cost will be calculated automatically based on the rates you have set. Once your invoices are populated, you can export them to a variety of accounting software platforms.
Now that we've covered some of the central features, why not explore the articles in this category to learn more about those and even more features that can enhance your Teamwork experience!
For more information, see: Agency Related Articles