Within Teamwork Desk, there are limits in place to improve deliverability and prevent misuse of the email service that could result in being blocked.
For all accounts:
- Daily limit: 16,000 messages
- Hourly limit: 4,000
- Ten-minutely limit: 50
When these limits are reached, emails are temporarily blocked and email delivery will be delayed. After 8 hours, it is considered permanently failed.
- Verified domains: Daily limit of
- Unverified domains: Daily limit of
Your domain is considered verified once the following are met:
- Your domain is validated via DNS CNAME
- You have a paid Teamwork Desk subscription
and have a
valid credit card on file.
Ticket limits can be increased for verified domains on a case by case basis.
- 📩 If you would like to request an increase in tickets allowed per day, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
📝 During your trial period, there will be limits on the number of tickets that can be sent. Tickets and replies will also include a "Sent using Teamwork Desk" watermark in the signature. If you need assistance during your trial, please let us know at email@example.com.
Recipients include the customer, any CCs, and any BCC.
- Verified domains: Limit of 50
- Unverified domains: Limit of
10 recipients per message.
- Characters: Each reply on a
limited to a total
- Quoted content included in a reply
counts towards the character
- When a reply exceeds the limit,
you will be given an option to
send the reply without the quoted
- Content: Each reply or note is
to a total content size of 5MB.
- Attachments: Each reply has a
total size limit for
- This same limit also applies when merging
tickets into a single
file types are
long as they
from previous messages in the
ticket will be added as links into
the body of the message. These
files will be available for
by anyone with the link and expire
after 30 days.
There are no limits on storage space.
The Teamwork Desk API is limited to 120 requests per minute. If this limit is reached Desk will respond with "429 Too Many Requests."
Desk also sets the X-Rate-Limit-Limit, X-Rate-Limit-Remaining, and X-Rate-Limit-Reset headers, so you can check how many remaining requests you have.
For more information, see: Adding DNS Records to Verify Your Domain