Within Teamwork Desk, there are limits in place to improve deliverability and prevent misuse of the email service that could result in being blocked.
For all accounts, the limit is:
- Daily limit of 16,000 messages
- Hourly limit of 4,000 messages
- Ten-minutely limit of 150 messages
When this limit is reached emails will be temporarily blocked and email delivery will be delayed. After 8 hours it is considered permanently failed.
For all verified domains there is a daily limit of 4,000 messages.
For all unverified domain there is a limit of 25 tickets per day.
Your domain is considered unverified until the following are met:
- You have validated your domain
via DNS CNAME records.
- You have a paid subscription and have a
valid credit card on file.
If you would like to request an increase in tickets allowed per day, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your options.
Note: Ticket limits can only be increased for verified domains.
For allverified domains there is a limit of 50 recipients per message.
For all unverified domains there is a limit of 10 recipients per message.
Recipients include the customer, any CCs, and any BCC.
Tickets and attachments
- Characters: Each reply on a ticket is limited to a total of 1,038,336 characters.
- Quoted content included in a reply counts towards the character limit.
- When a reply exceeds the limit, you will be given an option to send the reply without the quoted content.
- Content: Each reply or note is limited
to a total content size of 5MB.
- Attachments: Each reply has a 20MB total size limit for attachments.
- This same limit also applies when merging tickets into a single ticket thread.
file types are
long as they
from previous messages in the
ticket will be added as links into
the body of the message. These
files will be available for download
by anyone with the link and expire
after 30 days.
There are no limits on storage space.
The Teamwork Desk API is limited to 120 requests per minute. If this limit is reached Desk will respond with 429 Too Many Requests.
Desk will also set the X-Rate-Limit-Limit, X-Rate-Limit-Remaining, and X-Rate-Limit-Reset headers, so you can check how many remaining requests you have.
For more information, see: Adding DNS Records to Verify Your Domain