Within Teamwork Desk, your agents will have access to different aspects of your site depending on their permission level.
There are two core permission levels in Teamwork Desk:
- Agent - full-time or part-time
- Site administrator
In the Agents subsection of the People area of your site, you will see a label below each agent's name indicating their agent type and permission. Site administrators will also have an orange key icon beside the Admin label.
Basic agent access includes:
- Dashboard - agents will see metrics
and ticket counts relating to the
inboxes where they are a member.
- Tickets - agents can view and interact
with tickets across all of the inboxes
where they are a member.
- Reports - agents can only see
reports for the inboxes have access
- Customers - agents can view
customers and their profiles as
well as create new
- Note: Agents
cannot add customers to
- Companies - agents can view
companies and their
- Note: Agents
cannot manage companies or
In the site settings, site administrators can grant additional permissions to agents. These permissions will apply to all agents on the site:
- Can delete notes, messages, and
- Can edit notes, messages, and
- Can manage canned responses
- Can manage tags
- Can manage ticket templates
Note: Enabling either of the permissions to allow agents to manage canned responses or tags will give agents access to the site settings area but they will only have access to those specific areas.
Site administrators have full access to all areas within your Teamwork Desk account.
- Settings - all administrators can
access the site settings under their
- When the site-level permissions
for agents to manage canned
responses and/or manage tags,
agents will also see the Settings
option, but will only have access
to those specific sections.
- Company Details - administrators can view and
edit your company
- Reporting -
can view reports for all inboxes on
- Users -
administrators can add new
agents to your
- Inboxes - administrators can create
new inboxes and access all existing
inboxes on your site.
- Companies - administrators can create
and edit companies and add customers
On Premium subscription plans and above, an additional permission option is the ability to grant agents administrator permissions for individual inboxes.
As an inbox administrator, an agent will be able to view and manage all settings relating to that individual inbox when they access the inbox via the site settings: