Within Teamwork, you can set default values on your task list to be applied to any future tasks added to the list.
When creating or editing a task list, you can choose the values to be applied under the Defaults tab.
You can set defaults for:
- Assigned To - set to a particular user, or multiple people
- Description - Add a task description
- Followers - Select which people should be added as followers for tasks in the list
- All notifications
- Task Changes
- Privacy - Set privacy for tasks in the list
- Priority - Choose a priority (low, medium, high)
- Estimated Time - Set estimated time
- Start Date - Day 1 (Today), Day 2 (Tomorrow), through to day 365
- Due Date - Day 1 (Today), Day 2 (Tomorrow), through to day 365
- Tags - Select tag(s)
- Board Columns - Choose a board column for the list's tasks
Tasks created by email will also inherit the default values unless you specify different values using task-by-email commands.
Note: Tasks copied to a task list will not inherit the task list's default settings.
Using an existing task to set defaults
You can also set defaults from an existing task so the properties of that task will be used as the default for all new tasks created in the task list. Hover over the task and click the three dots on the left. From the dropdown menu, select Use as Task Default.
For more information, see: Using Task List Templates