Within Teamwork Desk, you can set up the Customer Portal to allow your customers to interact with their tickets.
In the Customer Portal, customers can:
- View their ticket history
- Reply to tickets already created
- Submit new ticket requests
- View Help Docs before submitting a new
Enable the Customer
🔑 Only site administrators can access the site settings to enable the Customer Portal.
- Click your profile icon in Teamwork Desk's
main navigation menu.
- Select Settings.
- Switch to the Customer
- Click Enable customer portal.
Once enabled, the Customer Portal section allows you to control general settings and customize your Customer Portal's appearance.
Under General settings, you can customize the high-level settings for your portal, such as language, custom domain, and help docs.
- Language: Choose a
for your Customer Portal or
use the language of the user's
domain for your Customer
- The default URL for your
Customer Portal is displayed
here, in the format: https://yoursitename.teamwork.com/support/ .
- You can add your
custom domain instead
adding a CNAME which
points to your default
- Help Docs: Enable one or more of your Help Docs sites to be displayed on the home page of your Customer Portal so that your customers can view the corresponding articles directly in the Customer Portal.📝 The top 10 most popular articles across all categories on each Help Docs site are displayed in the Customer Portal. Customers can use the search field to search the entire suite of available published articles.
- Add Inboxes: Choose the inbox(es) customers can submit tickets to via the Customer Portal.📝 Agent replies display as sent from the agent or inbox name depending on the setting chosen at inbox level.
Alias: Set a
that will be displayed to
customers when choosing an inbox,
instead of the inbox name.
In the Customer Permissions section, you can manage multiple permissions your customers:
customers to set ticket
customers to choose the type
of ticket being
to view the tags your agents have
applied to the their
- See agents: Allows
customers to see the name of the
to their tickets.
customers to close their own
Customer Portal permissions can be enabled at either company level or individual user level.
✔ The permission option for viewing company tickets is available on Premium subscriptions and above.
When notifications are enabled, your customers will receive a welcome email with their Customer Portal login setup when they send in their first (or next) ticket.
📝 The password link will only remain active for 24 hours.
If your customer does not activate within that time, they can resend the password from the Customer Portal login screen.
When the Customer Portal is enabled for your site and Customer Portal notifications are turned on, you will also see an option to send a Customer Portal welcome email when creating new customers on your site.
For more information, see: Changing the Appearance of Your Customer Portal