Within Teamwork Projects, tasks are activities that need to be done by someone in your project.
You can mark tasks as complete to show that the work has been done. You can assign a task to one person or multiple people, or leave it unassigned for anyone to complete.
Tasks can have start dates and due dates, or be left without dates, to be completed anytime. You add tasks to your project on task lists, which you can use to group tasks together.
Note: Tasks can only be created within task lists.
When adding a new task, give it a tile in the "What needs to be done?" area. You can also select who should do the task, as well as start and due date.
Additional task options include:
- Set a start date and due date
- Add a detailed description to the task by clicking the description button
- Clicking the attachment button allows you to attach files to the task by uploading them or select files already uploaded to that Teamwork project
- Click the padlock icon to make the task and any attached files or comments visible only to the users you select
- Select the priority button to choose a priority level: Low, Medium or High
- By clicking the Progress & Time button you can mark your progress via percentage, and you (or another user / manager) can also estimate how long it should take to do the task
- Note: Setting the progress to 100% will complete the task.
- The Followers button allows you to add followers to the task who can be notified of all notifications, only status changes or only comments added to the task
- The Dependencies button allows you to create a dependent task that must be marked complete before the current task (the one you're editing) can be marked as complete. Click Select Tasks and click the task that should be done first
- The Repeats button allows you to repeat a task (once you've added a due date)
- The Tags button allows you to create tags or choose from existing tags to use on the task
- The Board Column button allows you to choose an existing task board to add the task to
Extra task options
Once you have created your task, you will have some additional options when you hover over the task name:
Clicking the Subtask button allows you to create a subtask under another task. For example, your task could be "Manage accounts." Subtasks for this could be invoicing, purchase orders, wages, and so on.
Hovering over Log Time allows you to either start the timer (more on this later) or log time directly for that task. Clicking Log Time gives you a popup box where you can select the date, your start time and end time. Selecting a start and end time will automatically fill in the time spent, or if you just select the end time and input how many hours and minutes you've worked, then Teamwork Projects adds the start time automatically. If this time is billable, ensure the billable box is ticked.
You can set a reminder to be sent by email or as an SMS at a specific date and time. You can set the reminder for yourself or for other users.
Click this and leave comments on the particular task. This is useful to ask questions or add a note. You also have the option to make comments private, attach a file and notify people by email.
For more information, see: Getting Started