Within Teamwork, you can use the bulk edit tasks feature to modify, complete, move, copy, or delete multiple tasks in a task at once.
In the Tasks area of your project, click the options button (three dots) in the top right and select Bulk Edit Tasks from the dropdown menu.
Note: If you have a filter applied when attempting to bulk edit tasks, it will only bulk edit those tasks found via the filter, not all tasks on a project.
In the bulk edit modal, you can select an action to perform on the tasks:
Once you have selected an action, you can scroll through the tasks or use the task list dropdown to find the specific tasks you want to update.
When using the modify option and selecting the tasks, you will then see the different task properties you can update.
Selecting the checkbox next to each property will show a Select link for you to choose the new setting for that option.
The available modify options are:
- Reassign - Reassign task to a new user
- Start Date - choose a new start date
- Due Date - set a new due date
- Progress - choose the new percentage of progress
- Estimated Time - add the estimated time in hours and minutes
- Priority - choose the new priority
- Followers - add new followers to the task for task changes and/or comments.
- To remove all existing followers, select Remove All from the relevant dropdown menu.
- Change creator - change the name of the person who has created the task
- Tags - add or remove tags
- Set column - set which column the task appears under within board view
Once you have selected your new task properties, choose Update Tasks to make the changes.
Once you have selected the tasks you are looking to move, you can then select the destination project and task list for the tasks.
If you want to create a brand new task list to move the tasks to, choose the Add Task List option from the Destination Task List dropdown.
As with moving tasks, you can first choose which tasks you want to copy.
Once you click next, you can then select the destination project and task list for the tasks.
When you choose Complete from the operation dropdown and select the tasks you want to complete, you can then click the complete button in the modal.
Similarly to the complete action, when you choose Delete and select the tasks you want to remove, click next and then select the delete button in the bottom right of the modal
You will then see a confirmation modal before deleting the tasks.
For more information, see: Bulk Editing Subtasks