Within Teamwork, you can upload files to your projects for your team to access.
To upload files directly through the Files area of your project, click the Upload button in the top right.
Note: Only site admins, project admins, and users with permission to add files on the project can access the upload option.
In the upload modal, click the Add Files button to browse for files on your computer. Alternatively, drag files from your desktop into the modal.
You can also select a category to add the files to, choose who to notify, and set privacy on the files.
You can also add a description for the file. In the Advanced tab, you can choose whether to use automatic versioning if one of the files already exists.
Once you add files to the upload modal, you can deselect the checkbox beside any file you no longer want to upload.
File uploads can also be cancelled while being added to the upload modal by clicking the red x to the left of the file name.
Once you have selected the file(s) you want to upload, click Upload These Files to add them to your project. If you click Close, the files will not be uploaded.
Note: You can upload up to 2GB of files in a single upload.
Previewing uploaded files
Hover over an existing file in your project to reveal the file options menu. For supported file types, clicking the Preview button will open a preview of the file along with a comments pane detailing any existing comments associated with the file.
For supported video files, you can click the Play Video option to open the preview.
Additional preview options for images and GIFs:
- Versions - if multiple versions of the file exist, you can navigate through each version in the top right of the preview window.
- Expanded preview - click the expand arrow in the top right of the preview to increase the preview area.
- Edit - if you have the document editor installed and the current file is a supported file type, you will see an edit pencil at the bottom of the preview area to open the file in the editor.
- Reactions - click the emoji icon to add a reaction to the file.
- Download - download a copy of the file to your computer.
For more information, see: Uploading and Viewing Versions of a File