Within Teamwork, any owner company site administrator can access the Settings area of your site to update general site settings such as site name and site address.
Site Address: The URL for your site. Here you can choose to update your site address, domain, and add a custom domain.
- Teamwork site address: Choose your site address; the name that will be shown here is the name you selected when you initially set up the site. To change this, enter the text in the field and save your changes. If this is not available, you will receive a message prompting you to contact our support team; we will see if we can make this available.
- Custom Domain: You can set a custom domain for your site: Simply create a CName record and point it to your teamwork.com site (eg. yourcompany.teamwork.com ). (You usually do this with the company you registered your domain name with eg.GoDaddy.com)
- Verify the CName record is working. Once you have created the CName record and you have verified it is now pointing to your site (eg. Browse to your custom domain in a browser and you should see a Teamwork message).
- Update your site settings. Keep in mind that CNAME changes with your domain provider can take up to 24 hours to propagate fully.
- Log in to your Teamwork account, click your profile icon to the top right and choose settings, select general, click edit under the site address, and then click on the custom domain button.
- SSL is not available on custom domain names.
- Do not use a DNS A record for your custom domain. The DNS record you need to create is a CName record.
- Custom domains are available on the per-user Premium plan and above, as well as certain legacy plans.
Show Site Name on Login page: Choose whether to display the site name on the login screen for your account.
Dashboard Message: The dashboard message is a message that will show to all people across your companies who can log in to your site.
- This message will be displayed in the Dashboards section of the Home area. It will be visible at the top of any individual dashboards your users create.
- Note: The same message will apply across your site. It is not customizable per dashboard.
Dashboard Project List: By default, only projects modified in the last 30 days are listed, there is the option to show all projects or show latest projects.
Real Time Notifications: This controls the notification centre in the top right of your installation. As changes are made by others on the projects, you are included in the recipients list of a notification will be sent to this section.
RSS Feeds Enabled: Choose whether to have RSS feeds enabled or not for your site. RSS feeds are available via the options button (three dots) at the top of the Activity feed in the Home area in an individual project's Overview tab.
Use Markdown: Allow the option for people to use Markdown. Turn this off to allow people to use only plain text.
Can Share Files: If you want shareable files to be enabled at project level, you need to have this option enabled.
Allow 'Likes': Choose the option to allow or not allow likes within your Teamwork projects.
Allow 'tags': Choose whether or not to allow tags to be added to items on the installation
Lock editing of tags to Administrators: Choose who can create or edit tags. If this is enabled, only site administrators from the owner company can edit tags. Users will be able to add tags to items.
Notebooks: Clean pasted HTML: Choose whether or not to have pasted HTML cleaned by default so that only plain text is copied or not. If disabled, we will allow HTML be pasted to a notebook.
Notebooks: Newline Mode: When newline is enabled, you will, on pressing return, create a new line. If disabled, hitting return will create a new paragraph.
Project Administrators can create users: By default, when a user has the permissions to add projects and they add a project they will, by default, be added as a project admin. As a part of this permission, they will be able to add people to the project. If this option is enabled, they will also be able to create new users and add them to that project. If disabled, they will only be able to add existing users to the project.
- If enabled, the Remember Me option won't be available
- This is only available on certain subscription plans.
Referral Program: By Referring Teamwork to others, you can earn a reward. Selecting the link provided here will bring you to the referral page for your installation. Here, you will find your referral link and other items such as Banners you can add to your site and the latest 500 ratings.
Allow Teamwork brand: If this option is disabled, we will hide the Teamwork logo from your login page. We will also remove the options in the lower section of each page such as Help, Feedback, and Support and refer Teamwork.