Within Teamwork, you can move from your legacy plan to a per-user pricing subscriptions by contacting our sales team.
A breakdown of our per-user plans can be found on the Teamwork website.
When submitting the request to switch, you will need to provide:
- The name of the per-user plan you are looking to move to
- Deliver, Grow, Scale
- The number of standard users you need on your new plan
- Any users you do not wish to include in your subscription should be downgraded to collaborators before the switch.
Once the switch is completed, your site will be in a short trial period on your newly selected per-user plan.
You will then need to create a subscription to the plan via your site settings.
Understanding user license types
There are three types of user licenses in Teamwork: standard users, client users, and collaborators.
Standard users are billed in your recurring subscription, and can be given full permissions right up to administrator level.
Client users can be granted the same permission options at project-level as standard users but do not count towards your subscription cost.
- They can perform similar actions such as adding project items (tasks, milestones, etc.), completing tasks, or replying to messages. They can also become the project owner on the projects where they are a member.
- Beyond project permissions, client users have no admin permissions within Teamwork.
- Client users are also restricted to being a member of a maximum of 5 projects at a time and cannot be a member of the owner company.
- Note: Client users are available on per-user Pro/Deliver subscription plans and above.
Collaborators are completely free, but have limited access and permissions:
- They can perform basic actions such as completing tasks assigned to them, milestones assigned to them, add and reply to messages and comment on project items.
- They cannot add new tasks, task lists, milestones, notebooks, links, log time, view the calendar or set statuses.
Downgrading standard users collaborators
The permissions collaborators have may be sufficient for some of the users on your site.
Before changing from legacy pricing to per-user plans, any users you do not want included in your paid subscription should be downgraded to collaborators so they are not charged for in your subscription.
To downgrade an existing user, navigate to the People section of your site. Click the three dots to the right of the relevant user and select Edit Profile.
You can then update the Type field to collaborator.
Subscribing to a plan
Click your profile avatar in the bottom left of your site and select Subscription from the pop-out menu.
Note: Only site administrators in the owner company have access to this area.
In the Subscription area, you will see an option to Create Subscription.
You will be brought to the checkout page where you can see your plan options and switch between monthly and annual billing.
Click the blue Select or Current Plan button on the relevant plan to proceed to the team size selection and online payment process.
At the top of the next page, you can use the users dropdown on the left to set the number of users you want to be included in your subscription. You can also adjust the plan type and billing cycle here. Click Continue to proceed to payment.
Adding Teamwork Chat Video
Within the order summary, you will have the option to add the Teamwork Chat video add-on. Toggle the Add Chat video option to include Teamwork Chat video in your subscription plan.
The Teamwork Chat video add-on gives you access to unlimited audio/video calls, screen sharing and messages.
The number of seats available within Teamwork Chat with directly correlate to the amount of users purchased for Teamwork.
Note: If you enter a number that is smaller than the current number of standard users on your site, you will see a note letting you know that the extra users will be downgraded to collaborators.
Click Continue to complete the payment process.
For more information, see: Subscribing to a Teamwork Plan