Within Teamwork, you can use the quick add menu to add new items from anywhere in your site.
You can either select the relevant option from the quick add dropdown menu or by pressing the corresponding keyboard shortcut (where supported) which will be noted to the right of the feature name.
- When the quick add menu is already open, you can press the relevant letter to open the add modal.
- If the quick add menu is not open, press q on your keyboard to open it before pressing the relevant item shortcut.
The quick add menu will provide different options when accessed while viewing a project versus when using it in other areas of your site.
Note: Access to each item in the quick add menu will depend on your corresponding project and profile permissions.
Site level quick add menu options
When accessing the quick add menu in site level areas, you can perform site wide actions such as adding a new project or event and inviting new users to the site. The options relating to project items (tasks, time, milestones etc.) will prompt you to select a specific project when creating the item.
Site level options:
- Project (p)
- Task (t)
- Start Timer (s)
- Log Time (L)
- Milestone (m)
- Message (n)
- Event (e)
- Invite Users (u)
- Add Shortcut (+)
- Note: The Add Shortcut feature is available on per-user Pro/Deliver plans and above, as well as certain legacy plans.
Project level quick add menu options
The following site level actions remain the same (permission dependent):
The create modal for the options relating to project items will default to having the currently viewed project selected:
Note: The project options available to you will depend on your project permissions.
Additional options at project level:
- People - add people to the project.
- Note: Only site administrators and project administrators can manage project members.
- Project Update
For more information, see: Setting User Permissions on a Project