Within Teamwork Projects, you can specify what level of access you want on files linked from your Google Drive account.
When you are linking in a file from your connected Drive to one of your projects, you will be able to set the access in the file options modal.
In the files tab of your project, select Google Drive from the file integrations options.
Once you select which file(s) to link in and click the Link-in Selected Files button, select the Access tab in the file options modal.
Google Drive file options
- Teamwork users can only view this document - This option will restrict users on your account with access to this section only View access to this file. They will not be able to make changes
- Teamwork users can edit this document - This option will grant users on your account with access to this section to be able to make any changes they want to the file you link.
- I'll manage the access rights from within Google Drive - Google Drive has its own Sharing permissions that can be applied from the shareable link section. When you share a file within Google Drive, you can choose what they can do with it.
- Edit: People can make changes, accept or reject suggestions, and share the file with others.
- Comment: People can make comments and suggestions, but can’t change or share the file with others.
- View: People can view, but can’t change or share the file with others.
From within files on Google Drive, you can set custom Sharing permissions also. You can have a list of people who you may want to allow edit access specifically. This can be done at a file level or folder level on Google Drive to allow you to really customize your sharing permissions.
Note: No matter what setting you choose, the Site owner will be able to make changes to linked files always. While impersonating users as the site owner, you will still be able to make changes to linked files also even though the end user may not.
For more information, see: Enabling Google Drive integration on your site