Within Teamwork, you can enable the Google Drive integration on your individual projects on your site once you have it enabled in your site settings.
Your files in your Google Drive account will be available to link into the Files area of the project, or to attach to tasks, comments, and messages in the project.
You can choose a different folder in Google Drive to connect to each of your projects, as long as it is within the root folder selected at site level.
Enabling Google Drive for an individual project
To set Google Drive up on a project, go to the Settings area of the project and select the Integrations subsection.
Note: Only owner company site administrators can enable the Google Drive integration at project level.
In the section for Google Drive, toggle on the switch on the right to enable the integration.
Once you enable Google Drive, you will be able to:
- Choose a folder in Google Drive to connect with this project, bearing in mind:
- You can choose the same root folder that you set at a site level.
- You can create a new folder within the existing root folder.
- Choose who can browse the Google Drive folder from the files area:
- Only administrators in the owner company
- All administrators
- All administrators, and people in the owner company
- Everyone on the project
Files linked to your site from your Google Drive account do not count towards your Teamwork file storage limit.
Note: Any user with permissions on the Teamwork side to upload files via Google Team Drive will essentially have access to every filename hosted on the linked Google account. You will need to select I'll manage the access rights from within Google Drive to prevent users from viewing files they shouldn't have access to on Google.
For more information, see: Enabling the Google Drive Integration on Your Site