Within Teamwork Desk, you can add a custom domain to your Help Docs site.
Note: Changing a CNAME is done through your domain provider (the company you registered your domain name with eg.GoDaddy.com).
To enter a custom domain, go to the Help Docs area at the top of your site and select the site you want to update.
When viewing the individual site, go to the Settings tab and you will see the custom domain option under the Basics subsection.
- Create the CName record
- Point the CName to our SSL server. You usually do this in a control panel from the company you registered your domain name with, such as GoDaddy.com. The exact address will be determined by your hosting so if you wish check your site settings to make sure you have the correct address.
- Do not use a DNS A record for your custom domain. The DNS record you need to create is a CName record.
- Verify the CName record is working
- Once you have created the CName record and you have verified it is now pointing to your site (eg. Browse to your custom domain in a browser and you should see a Teamwork message).
- Update your Teamwork Desk site settings
- Log in to your Teamwork Desk account and navigate to Settings > Help Docs > Site > Settings (as above).
For more information, see: Managing Help Docs Settings