Within Teamwork Chat, you can customize your notification preferences so that you only receive notifications for certain mentions, either at a global or channel level.
To update your global-level notification settings, select Notifications from your profile dropdown menu.
Here, you will find your global notification options which are applied by default on all conversations and channels where you are a member, as well as notification options and sounds.
- All messages
- All mentions - @handle / @all
- Only @username mentions - only notifies
you in messages where your Chat handle
has been directly mentioned in a
conversation or channel.
- No messages - no notifications will be
You will also have the option to set notifications for specific channels. Click Set notifications for specific channels to open the channel notification modal.
Here you can set your notification preferences per channel, with the option to search by channel name, type, and filter to channels with custom settings.
- Notification sounds - disabling will mute the sound alert on
all messages received from other
users. Desktop notifications will
still be sent however sound alerts
will become muted.
- Email notifications - receive email notifications when you are offline or away.
- Send email or push notifications when online - receive notifications even when online.
- You will not receive notifications for the conversation you are currently in.
- Choose a custom notification sound for alerts received from Teamwork Chat.
You can change your notification preferences for an individual channel or conversation. Within the channel, click the options button (three dots) in the top right corner and select Notification settings.
You can then edit your notification settings for this particular channel or conversation.
It is also possible to edit a channels notification settings from the conversation sidebar. Select the information icon and click Change under the Notification settings.
For more information, see: Settings Within Teamwork Chat