Within Teamwork Chat, you can update your profile information, notifications, preferences, and other account details from your profile dropdown menu.
The settings available to you will depend on your user permissions. Site administrators from your Teamwork Projects account will have more settings options in Chat.
Within the profile view, you can edit your:
- First and last name
- Handle - the @mention other users would use to message you
- Social Media
Note: Profile settings are linked to your profile within Teamwork Projects, so any changes made will automatically sync across and vice versa.
These details will then be visible to other users when viewing your Chat profile.
In the notifications tab, you can choose which messages you want to be notified of, enable notification sounds, and enable email notifications.
- All messages - any message that is posted to a conversation or room
- All Mentions @'handle' / @all / @online - when an @command is used, a notification will be sent
- Only @'handle' - when another user @mentions you in a conversation or room
- No messages - no notification will be sent
- Disabling will mute the sound alert on all messages received from other users. Desktop notifications will still be sent however sound alerts will become muted.
- Receive email notifications for messages when you’re away or offline.
By replying to an email notification from Teamwork Chat, your reply is posted to that conversation / room.
Note: Any changes made to notification settings will only affect the current version of the app you are using, and won't transfer across to other versions (desktop or browser).
Desktop app preferences:
- Launch at startup - open the desktop app when your computer starts up
- Keep me logged in - stay logged in when you quit the app. This will log you in automatically when the app is started.
- Show Teamwork cards
- Show attached images preview
- Show attached files card
- Show URL preview
- Show movie quotes in the message field
Localization allows you to select a time format, and spell check language.
Within the Integrations tab, you will have the ability to enable or disable Embedded chat across your Teamwork product suite.
To log out of Teamwork Chat, you will find the logout option at the bottom of your profile dropdown menu.
Note: To exit out of the settings window and return to your Chat view, select Home from the navigation bar.
For more information, see: Notification settings