Within Teamwork, you can perform various actions in managing the tags you have added to your site.
Click your profile image in the top right of your site and select Settings from the dropdown menu.
Note: Only the site owner or site admins will have access to site settings.
In the settings area, go to the Tags subsection where you will see all existing tags on your site.
The tags will be displayed in two sections:
- All Projects
- All existing tags on the site whether or not they are applied to any item(s).
- The number beside the tag name shows the total number of items where the tag is being used.
- Project Specific
- Any tags created for individual projects, grouped by their associated project.
You can search and sort existing tags to the top left of the tags area.
If you click a tag to highlight it, additional tag options will appear beside the search box.
- Search: If you select the first search icon, a list of project items that this tag has been applied to will appear in a new browser tab.
- Edit tag: Selecting the second icon allows you to edit the tag name and associated color. Any changes will be applied to all tags applied.
- Delete: Selecting the third icon gives you the option to delete the tag.
- When you delete a tag, the tag will also be removed from any project items using it.
- Clear selection: Clear any tags that are currently selected.
If you click to highlight multiple tags, the edit pencil will change to an option to merge.
- Merge: Selecting the merge icon gives you an option to combine all selected tags into one. You will have the option to name this new tag before merging. Once merged, the overall count of the individual tags will appear on the newly created one.
- Project items using the old merged tags will now be tagged with the new tag.
For more information, see: Tag Settings