Within Teamwork, you can move projects between your linked Teamwork sites.
Note: You can only copy/move projects between linked sites if you are a site administrator in both sites.
Go to the Projects area of your site and select the List subsection.
Go to the relevant project and click the option menu (three dots) to the right of the column. Go to the Manage Project subsection and select Copy.
In the first step of the Copy Project modal, select Move from the operation dropdown and the site you want to move the project to.
Note: When you select a linked site to move to, the company option will be hidden and the project will be associated with the linked site's owner company.
You can also update the project name which will have the copy date appended by default, as well as update the project description.
Click Next step to proceed.
In the second step, you can specify which items to carry over to the copied project.
Choose how the dates should be adjusted when the project is moved by setting a number off days to offset by or using the Choose date option to set a specific date.
- If your original project has a start date, that will be taken as day 0 for the copied project.
- If no project start date is set on the original project, the start date of the earliest task is used as the default offset value.
- If there is no project start date or task start dates on the original project, the current date (today) will be used.
- The new dates can be calculated with the following options:
- Shift all tasks and milestones by the same number of days.
- Don't include Saturdays and Sundays when calculating new dates.
- Calculate new due dates but keep tasks and milestones off weekends.
- You can use the Preview dates option to see the effect of any settings chosen here, before making the copy.
In the Include section, you can choose which project items you want to remain on the project by selecting the checkboxes next to each content type.
The modal retains your chosen items preferences from the previous time a project was moved.
Additional options include:
- Make me the creator of tasks, milestones, and copied messages.
- Uncomplete all tasks and milestones.
- Create activity in the new project.
For more information, see: Linking Multiple Teamwork Sites