Within Teamwork Projects, you can build custom dashboard views using different metrics based on certain projects and project items.
In the Home area of your site, select the Dashboards tab from the left pane.
Note: The Dashboards section is not available to collaborators.
Below the navigation menu, you will see a count of your tasks and milestones that are overdue, due today, and upcoming.
When you first open the Dashboards area, it will be pre-populated with a personal dashboard showing you what is happening across all of your projects.
If you have a dashboard message set in your site settings, you will see it displayed at the top. This can be used for important links or announcements for your users, and will appear across all of your dashboards.
In the top right, you will have options to customize the personal dashboard, or add a new dashboard view.
You can create multiple dashboard views based on different metrics and projects on your site.
Adding a dashboard
When building a dashboard view, you can choose from the quick templates provided, or use the custom build option. You can give the dashboard a meaningful title, and choose a color for it.
Quick template options:
- Personal - a view with all of your active tasks, upcoming events, upcoming milestones and logged time
- Starred - a view with counts for all tasks, milestones and time on your starred projects
- Everything - a view including all possible options
Choosing the custom option enables you to select which metrics and projects, as well as the configuration you want for the dashboard:
- Title & color
- Give your dashboard a name
- Choose a custom color for the dashboard
- In the panels tab, you can select which metrics you want to display in the dashboard. Some metrics, such as task counts, also have an option to choose whether to include tasks assigned to you, everyone, or specific people.
- At the top of the projects tab, you can customize the layout for your dashboard by choosing where to show the projects list
- You can also choose filters for your source projects the dashboard will be based on
- Add a description for the dashboard (optional)
When creating or customizing a dashboard, you can select different metrics panels to populate it.
- Task counts - assigned to you, everyone, or specific people.
- Milestone counts - assigned to you, everyone, or specific people.
- Billed vs. unbilled time
- Billable vs. non-billable time - time logged by you, everyone, or specific people.
- Upcoming milestones - assigned to you, everyone, or specific people.
- Upcoming events - events you, everyone, or specific people are attending.
- Project updates
- Project health
- Top risks
- Risk counts
The selected panels will be displayed alongside a list of the chosen source projects. Each panel can be reordered by dragging and dropping it to a new position.
Clicking metrics in any of the panels will open a quick view to the right, listing the items populating the panel.
Viewing a dashboard
Once created, you will see the name of the dashboard you are viewing, along with a note on what data is powering the view, at the top.
Each individual dashboard view will have its selected metrics panels and a projects list, both based on the items you selected in the builder.
Each item in your metrics panels is clickable and will open a quick view listing the associated project items for that metric.
Using the drag and drop function, you can reposition each of your metrics.
The projects can be viewed in list or grid view (toggle in the top right)
You can sort the projects by starred first, company name, latest activity, due date, project name, owner company, or date created. You can also switch between ascending and descending order using the arrow to the right of the sort dropdown.
Each project in the list has a View details option to the right. This will show you the latest project update, if any is available.
You will see a timeline of activity on the project, along with today's and late tasks. There is also a percentage complete bar for the project's actual and estimated progress.
- Each of these items is clickable and will open a quick view on the right displaying the corresponding tasks.
To the left of each project is an options (three dots) button where you can quickly access the different areas of the project, and take actions such as starring, deleting or archiving the project. You can also access the project report from here.
When viewing an individual dashboard, to the top right you have the option to customize it, altering the metrics and project filters it's based on. There is also an option to create new dashboards.
To make a copy of or delete the dashboard you are currently viewing, select the options (three dots) button in the top right.
Switching between dashboard views
If you have multiple dashboards created, you can switch to another one by clicking Dashboards at the top of the view.
This will bring you to an overview of all of your current dashboards, where you can select which one you want to view.
In this overview, hovering over a dashboard will give you the options to edit, make a copy, or delete the dashboard.
For more information, see: Teamwork Beta Program - New Dashboard