Within Teamwork, you can choose to skip weekends when applying a task template to a task list.
When skip weekends is applied, all Saturdays and Sundays are removed from the task duration count. This means that only working days (Monday to Friday) are included in calculating the start and end dates for the task.
The chosen start date for the template is August 19th, which is a Friday. This date can be set as Day 1 (in relation to the template) because it is a working day.
Hovering over the Preview task list option will display a pop-up detailing the day range for each task based on the template.
Chapter 1 task should start on Day 1 and end on Day 4 (set in the template):
- Start date is August 19th (Friday)
- End date is moved to August 24th (Wednesday) instead of August 22nd (Monday)
- Task duration is 4 working days:
- Friday (day 1), Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (day 4)
Chapter 2 task should start on Day 5 and end on Day 11 (set in the template:
- Start date is August 25th (Thursday) instead of August 23rd (Tuesday)
- Due date is September 2nd (Friday) instead of August 29th (Monday)
- Task duration is 7 working days:
- Thursday (day 5), Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (Day 11)
Once you create the task list, the template tasks will be populated with the actual start and end dates based on the anchor start date you chose.
For more information, see: Using Task List Templates