Within Teamwork, you can use your pre-created task list templates to quickly add tasks to task lists in your projects.
People with permission to manage task templates can access existing task templates through the options menu in each project's List or Table area or via the task list menu next to the task list name.
Creating a task list from a template
To create a new task list from a template, click the Add Task List button at the top of the project's Table or List area.
In the Add Task List modal, enter a name for the task list. Below the name field, you can use the template dropdown to choose an existing template to be applied.
Alternatively, click the Create a template option to add a new template to your site. Once you create the template, you will be redirected to the site-level Templates area to create tasks for the template.
Once you select a template from the dropdown, you can view the tasks within that task list template by hovering over the Preview task list option.
You can also set additional options for the tasks being created:
- Start date - the date selected will affect
the due dates of all the tasks in the
- Tasks assigned 'day one' in the template will be set as the chosen start date.
- Skip weekends - when applied, all Saturdays and Sundays
are removed from the task duration
- This means that only working
days (Monday to Friday) are included
in calculating the start and end dates
for the task.
- Notify everyone by email - sends an email notification to all assignees of the tasks being created.
- Notes - set a task list description.
- Privacy - restrict access to the task list to certain project members.
- Milestone - attach a project milestone to the task list.
- Default - set default properties for tasks added to the list.
Adding tasks to an existing task list from a template
You can also add tasks from a template to an existing task list via the Table or List area of a project.
Click the options button (three dots) to the right of the task list name. In the dropdown menu, click Advanced to expand the menu. Hover over Templates and select Add Tasks from Template.
The templates available to the user are displayed in the templates dropdown, and you can add them in the same way as in a new task list.
Any custom field values set on the tasks in the task list template will automatically be applied to the new tasks in your task list.
Note: The template options at task list level are only available to people with permission to manage task templates.
For more information, see: Granting Task List Template Permissions to Users