✔ Available on Grow and Scale subscriptions 1
SharePoint is a web-based document management and storage system that enables you to share files and resources.
Within Teamwork.com, you can enable the SharePoint integration on individual projects to interact with your SharePoint files.
- Before connecting a project to SharePoint,
an owner company site
administrator needs to enable
- Only one SharePoint site
can be connected to a project at a
- A Global Microsoft 365 administrator is
required to enable their company
SharePoint account in Teamwork.com's site
- The Global Microsoft 365 administrator or a SharePoint administrator in the same Microsoft instance can connect their own SharePoint site folders in any Teamwork.com project of their choosing.📝 Please refer to Microsoft Graph API for reference.
Connect a project to
Site admins and project admins can manage a project's integrations from the project's settings.
Step 1: Connect a
project to SharePoint
You can choose a different SharePoint group drive to connect to each project.
- Click Jump to in
Teamwork.com's main navigation menu.
- Search for and select a project.
- Switch to the project's Settings tab. Settings might be hidden under the
- Select the Integrations tab.
- Scroll to Microsoft
- Toggle on the switch on the integration panel's right.
Step 2: Select a
Microsoft Office 365 Tenant
- Click Connect beside the Office 365
- Log in to
your Microsoft account.
- Select the SharePoint site you want the project to have access to.📝 You can only choose items you already have access to in your Microsoft site.
- Click Next.
- Select a specific library within the
chosen SharePoint site to associate with
- Click Next.
Step 3: Choose a
- Choose a SharePoint folder within the
selected library to be the top-level
folder associated with the
- Anything nested below the folder you select will be accessible to anyone with permission to use the integration.
- Click Select this Folder.
📝 To change the folder synced to a project, click Change. You will need to disconnect the integration and follow the setup again.
Step 4: Choose who
- Set access permissions for the
integration, aka who can access synced
SharePoint files. Choose from:
- All administrators — all site
admins & project admins
on the current project
- All administrators & the
project — all site admins, project
members of the owner company
- All people on this project
- Click Save to complete the
Once the setup is complete, any user with permission to use the integration will see a SharePoint option in the project's Files area.
You can also use the SharePoint option when attaching files to project items such as tasks, comments, and messages.
When you switch to a different tenant (SharePoint site) or disconnect the integration from a project:
files linked from SharePoint will still be
the project, but cannot be opened.
If you disable the SharePoint integration in Teamwork.com's site settings:
- The SharePoint button is hidden in
file-related areas of your site.
- Existing files linked from
SharePoint remain accessible unless the
administrator revokes access on the
When you reconnect the integration to the same drive and folder you previously used, the existing files become accessible again without having to re-link them.
1. Also available on legacy subscriptions: Premium, Enterprise.