Within Teamwork, the People area shows a list of all users, contacts and companies on your site.
You can view, edit or add (depending on your permissions) new users, contacts and companies here.
People invited as users will be able to create an account username and password to access your site.
- You will be able to interact with them on projects and project items such as tasks and messages.
- You can control what each user can see and do in each of their projects.
People can be added as different user types, depending on the level of interaction they require on projects:
- Standard users: Requiring a paid seat in your Teamwork subscription, these users have the potential to be granted all permissions on your site up to site administrator level.
- Collaborators: These user types are free and have a limited range of permissions at project and site level.
You can also add people to your site as contacts. This means that you can keep their details on record, associated to your projects, but they won't have a login for the site and they won't be able to see anything or be assigned tasks.
You can view and manage all of the people on your site via the People subsection of the People area.
In the list of users, you can use the quick search box to find a particular person, or use the letters to filter the list by first name initial. This also shows a breakdown of the total number of users on your site.
The Invite Users button in the top right allows you to invite people as users to log into your site and interact with the projects you add them to.
- This is a quick way to invite multiple people at the same time, add them all to a particular set of projects, and write custom messages they will all see in their invite email.
The + Add option lets you add a single user or contact, and fill in all of their details at the same time.
The options button (three dots) gives you import and export options, access to the deleted users trash can, and the option to manually send user invites.
In the people section, you can sort the list of users and contacts in ascending or descending order, by:
- First name
- Job title
- Date added
You can also switch between grid and table view using the view dropdown in the top right.
For more information, see: Inviting People to Your Teamwork Site