Within Teamwork Projects, you can create template task lists that can be used to create new task lists in your projects or populate existing task lists.
To access the Templates area, click your profile icon in the top right corner of your site, and select Settings from the dropdown menu.
Note: Only site administrators in the owner company can access the site Settings.
In the Settings area, go to the Templates tab.
You will see a section for Task Templates where you can click Edit to view any existing templates, or add new ones.
In the main Task Templates screen, you can add a new task list to use as a template using the Add Template option in the top right.
When you add a new template, you can give the template a name, add any notes, and set privacy. You won't see this template listed to be used in a project until you add some tasks to it.
Note: Setting privacy does not affect the privacy of the tasks or task lists created from the template.
Adding tasks to a template
Once you have created a new template, you can add tasks just like you add them to a task list in a project. In a template though, some of the options are slightly different:
- Start date/due date: Within the task list templates you cannot set a specific date for the task start and due date. Instead, choose a day number, and when the template is used, the dates will be set counting from the day that you're using the template
- For example, if you set the start date for the template to Day 1 (Today), when you use the template the actual date set for the task will be the current date.
- If you set a template task start date to Day 5, when you use the template, the actual date for the task will be the current date + 4 days.
- Who should do this:
- Leave the selection as Anyone to show the task unassigned when the template is used.
- Select a specific person for the task to be assigned to when the template is used.
- Select multiple people for the tasks to be assigned to when the template is used.
- Use the Choose Later option to add a note of who should do the task, and the actual assignee(s) can be chosen when the template is used.
- Note: Reminders cannot be set on template tasks that have the Choose later option selected as the assignee.
You can also edit, duplicate, delete or sort the tasks in a template using the option in the menu to the left of the template name.
Setting reminders in a template
With task list templates, you can set reminders on the tasks in the task list.
While adding or editing a task in the template, go to the Reminders tab and select Add Reminder.
A due date is required on the task before reminders can be set.
Note: Reminders cannot be set on template tasks that have the Choose later option selected as the assignee.
In the reminder modal, you can select users to send the reminder to, pick a date and time for the reminder, choose a reminder type, and add a custom message.
When choosing how to set the reminder, you can select a predefined day range or set it to be relative to the task's due date.
Once selected, you can set a custom number of days and set whether it should be sent before or after the task's due date.
For more information, see: Granting task list template permissions to users