The import processTo import tickets from Zendesk to Teamwork Desk, go to Settings > Company > Import Data and click the Import Now button under the Zendesk option:
To start the process, you'll need to add:
- Your email address that you use to log in to Zendesk (as an administrator)
- Your API token from Zendesk - you can find this in your Zendesk settings under API > Enable token Access > add new token > add name (for your own reference)
- Your Zendesk subdomain - this is the first part of your Zendesk URL like subdomain.zendesk.com
- Choose which inbox you'd like to associate tickets that don't match any other inbox name in Desk (if you have an inbox in Desk with the same name as one in Zendesk, we'll copy tickets into that)
When you've added these details, click the Start Import button to begin.
Import progress and detailsYou'll be redirected to the Import History area once you've started to check progress and see any details about the import.
Each time you import tickets, the import is given an ID and you'll see it listed in this page:
The other details shown here are:
Type: the origin of the import
Status: Pending > Started > Completed or Failed
- Skipped: Tickets already imported from the Zendesk account
- Imported: Tickets that have been imported this time
- Failed: Tickets that we were unable to import
If the import fails, you may see one of these errors to let you know what was wrong:
- Domain not found - the domain name you entered in the import details screen wasn't recognised as a valid Zendesk site
- Unauthorized - the email address or token may be incorrect
- Forbidden, must be Admin user - if the email address you entered doesn't relate to an administrator account in Zendesk
About your imported tickets in DeskAny tickets imported from Zendesk will have a status of 'closed'. Please note - if a customer replies to an imported ticket, it will be treated as a new ticket, and they would need to be merged manually if you want to bring the new response into the old ticket. It's best to consider all imported tickets as closed, and for reference only.
If you are on a plan with per-ticket pricing, you will not be charged for imported tickets.
Replies and notes from Zendesk will be added directly to tickets in Teamwork Desk.
Tags will be imported with tickets.
If a customer on an imported ticket matches an existing customer in Desk (by email address) it will be associated to them, if no existing customer is found in Desk then they will be created.
If the agent on an imported ticket matches an existing agent in Teamwork Desk (by email address), it will be assigned to them. If no existing agent can be matched, a new agent will be added with a status of 'Invited', meaning that you won't be charged for adding them until you choose to invite them manually.
Ticket priority will be imported and mapped as:
- Zendesk Urgent = Teamwork Desk High
- Zendesk High = Teamwork Desk Medium
- Zendesk Normal = Teamwork Desk None
- Zendesk Low = Teamwork Desk Low
Multiple importsIf you run another import, here's how your tickets are affected:
- Tickets from the first import, including any that have been edited or deleted (individually) will not be re-imported
- If you delete an inbox, tickets that were in that inbox will be re-imported