Within Teamwork Desk you can import tickets from from your Zendesk account.
To import tickets to Teamwork Desk, click on the your profile icon to the top right of the navigation bar and select Settings.
In the settings area, go to the Company tab and select Import Data from the left pane.
You will then see the option to import via Zendesk.
To start the process, you will need to add:
- Email - the email address you use for your Zendesk account
- Token - an API key to authenticate your account
- In Zendesk, go to Settings > Channels > Api > Token Access > Enable > Add New Token
- Subdomain - the subdomain you use to login to Zendesk
- i.e. deathstarsupport.zendesk.com - only the deathstarsupport part is required
- Fallback inbox:
- Desk will try to figure out which inbox a ticket should belong to based on where it came from in Zendesk. If that fails, it will be added to the inbox chosen here.
Once you have added these details, click the Start Import button to begin.
You will be redirected to the Import History area within the left pane once you have initiated the import.
Each time you import tickets, the import is given an ID and you'll see it listed in this page.
The other details shown here are:
Type: the origin of the import
Status: Pending > Started > Completed or Failed
- Skipped: Tickets already imported from the Zendesk account
- Imported: Tickets that have been imported this time
- Failed: Tickets that we were unable to import
If the import fails, you may see one of these errors to let you know what was wrong:
- Domain not found - the domain name you entered in the import details screen wasn't recognised as a valid Zendesk site
- Unauthorized - the email address or token may be incorrect
- Forbidden, must be Admin user - if the email address you entered doesn't relate to an administrator account in Zendesk
These details will also be emailed to the address you've used here when the import is complete.
About your imported tickets in Desk
Any tickets imported from Zendesk will have a status of Closed. Please note - if a customer replies to an imported ticket, it will be treated as a new ticket, and they would need to be merged manually if you want to bring the new response into the old ticket. It's best to consider all imported tickets as closed, and for reference only.
If you are on a plan with per-ticket pricing, you will not be charged for imported tickets.
Replies and notes from Zendesk will be added directly to tickets in Teamwork Desk.
Tags will be imported with tickets.
If a customer on an imported ticket matches an existing customer in Desk (by email address) it will be associated to them, if no existing customer is found in Desk then they will be created.
If the agent on an imported ticket matches an existing agent in Teamwork Desk (by email address), it will be assigned to them. If no existing agent can be matched, a new agent will be added with a status of Invited, meaning that you won't be charged for adding them until you choose to invite them manually.
Ticket priority will be imported and mapped as:
- Zendesk Urgent = Teamwork Desk High
- Zendesk High = Teamwork Desk Medium
- Zendesk Normal = Teamwork Desk None
- Zendesk Low = Teamwork Desk Low
If you run another import, here's how your tickets are affected:
- Tickets from the first import, including any that have been edited or deleted (individually) will not be re-imported
- If you delete an inbox, tickets that were in that inbox will be re-imported
For more information see: Importing tickets from Freshdesk