The import process
To import tickets from Freshdesk to Teamwork Desk, you can download your tickets from Freshdesk to a file, which you can upload to Teamwork Desk.
Download the file:
In Freshdesk, go to Account Settings > Account > Export Data > Export Now
This will generate an email with a link for you to download the file:
Now you can start the import in Teamwork Desk:
Settings > Company > Import Data and click the Import Now button under the Freshdesk option:
- Choose which inbox you'd like to associate tickets that don't match any other inbox name in Desk (if you have an inbox in Desk with the same name as one in Freshdesk, we'll copy tickets into that)
- Browse to the file that you downloaded
- Click Start Import
Import progress and details
You'll be redirected to the Import History area once you've started to check progress and see any details about the import.
Each time you import tickets, the import is given an ID and you'll see it listed in this page:
The other details shown here are:
Type: the origin of the import
Status: Pending > Started > Complete or Failed
- Skipped: Tickets already imported
- Imported: Tickets that have been imported this time
- Failed: Tickets that we were unable to import
If the import fails, you'll see an error with a retry button:
About your imported tickets in Desk
Any tickets imported from Freshdesk will have a status of 'closed'.
If you are on a plan with per-ticket pricing, you will not be charged for imported tickets.
Tags will be imported with tickets.
If a customer on an imported ticket matches an existing customer in Desk (by email address) it will be associated to them, if no existing customer is found in Desk then they will be created.
If the agent on an imported ticket matches an existing agent in Teamwork Desk (by email address), it will be assigned to them. If no existing agent can be matched, a new agent will be added with a status of 'Invited', meaning that you won't be charged for adding them until you choose to invite them manually.
Note: Agents and customers will only be imported if they are part of the imported tickets i.e. assigned agent and customers who sent in a ticket. Otherwise they can be imported through a CSV using the user or customer import features.
Ticket priority will be imported and mapped as:
- Freshdesk Urgent > Teamwork Desk High (With the tag "Freshdesk Urgent")
- Freshdesk High > Teamwork Desk High
- Freshdesk Medium > Teamwork Desk Medium
- Freshdesk Low > Teamwork Desk Low
Any attachments in the file will only last for 24 hours, so if you wait over 24 hours to upload your file, they will not come through and you will need to create a new export file.
If you run another import, here's how your tickets are affected:
- Tickets from the first import, including any that have been edited or deleted (individually) will not be re-imported
- If you delete an inbox, tickets that were in that inbox will be re-imported