Within Teamwork, you can import projects from Asana using the Asana importer.
Click your profile icon in the top right of your site and select Settings from the dropdown menu.
In the Settings area, go to the Import tab where you will see a section for Asana. Click the Import button to start the process.
Once you have entered your Asana login credentials, you can select which Asana account to use.
You will then have an option to choose which items you would like to import:
- All people, or just those who are in the projects you're importing
- All projects, or skip some
- All items within the projects, or just some (tasks/notebooks/messages/events)
You can either wait for the import to finish or close the window and be you will be emailed with an update as soon as the import is complete.
If you have already imported a project from Asana you can choose to reimport or update the project.
- Reimport: This will overwrite the previous import and any changes that you have made since the initial import.
- Update: The project will be imported from Asana but the existing import will not be overwritten. Changes you have made will remain.
Only new project items added or created in Asana will be imported to the project in Teamwork.
The activity on your projects in Asana won't show up on your Home area activity stream or the Overview tab of each project. You will only see changes made to the content once you have imported it in these areas.
Archived projects can also be imported & will remain archived.
Note: Reoccurrences in Asana will not be copied over when you import your data into Teamwork.
Unlinking your account
You can remove the link between Teamwork and your current Asana account by signing-out of your currently active Asana account and signing-into a different one.
You can also remove the link completely by deauthorizing the Teamwork app from within your Asana Profile Settings > Apps.
For more information, see: Import Options