Within Teamwork Projects, you can add triggers to columns in your Portfolio to automatically update project properties.
To add a trigger, hover over the column name to reveal the options dropdown. Click to show the menu and select Column Settings:
A quick view for the column settings will open on the right of your screen. Select the + Add Trigger button:
You can then choose the trigger type you want to create:
If you try to add a trigger to a column already using all trigger options, you will see the following:
Modify project owner
When you select the option to modify project owner, you can select a specific user to be the project owner of any projects moved to that column.
You can also choose to remove the existing project owner.
When modifying dates, you can select changes for project start dates, end dates, or both.
- Don't change
- Remove date - remove the project start/end date entirely
- Select a specific date - use the date picker to set a specific start/end date
- Push date - push the start/end date by a specific number of days
- Relative date - use days relative to the current day, e.g. current day + 5 days
The skip weekends option is available when using push date or relative date. This stops the new date from falling on a weekend.
You have a couple of options when modifying tags:
- Replace tags - replace any existing tags on the project
- Add/remove tags
- Add - add the specified tags to any existing tags
- Remove - if the specified tags are found, they will be removed
Archive the project when it is moved to the column using the trigger.
Send custom notification
Use the custom notification trigger to notify members of the project being moved.
You can specify which user to send the notification to, and include a custom message.
Note: If you select to notify users that are not members of the project being moved, they will not receive the notification.
Specify a project category to assign to any project moved to the column.
For more information, see: Viewing and editing Portfolio triggers