Within Teamwork, you can create milestones in your projects to represent phases or points of progress.
To add a milestone to your project, go to the Milestones tab of your project.
In the Milestones area, click the Add Milestone button in the top right.
In the add a new milestone modal, you can input information about your milestone:
- Name the milestone: Create a name for your milestone
- When is it due: Choose the due date for the milestone, the default will be today’s date.
- Who is responsible: Select individuals, multiple people, companies, or teams. If assigned to multiple people, any one of them can complete the milestone.
- Notify by email: Choose whether to notify the person or people responsible about the creation of the milestone. You can also enable notify to be selected by default by updating the default notifications in the project's settings area.
- Send reminders: Choose if you wish to send a reminder about the milestone, this reminder will be sent 24 hours prior to the milestone being due. If the milestone is added within 24hrs of the due date no reminder will be sent.
- Description: Choose to add a description to the milestone .
- Privacy & followers: Choose who can see the milestone. As in all cases, all administrators in the owner company can see all items. Also choose people you wish to follow the milestone, these people will get updates relating to the milestones. Individuals, teams, and companies can be set as followers.
- Task Lists: Choose one or multiple task lists to associate with the milestone.
- Note: A milestone can have multiple task lists attached, but a task list can only be associated with one milestone at any time.
- Tags: Option to add or create a new tag.
For more information, see: Adding Multiple Milestones