Within Teamwork, you can quickly add
task lists and tasks to your projects via an
Go to the Table or List area of your project and click the options button (three dots) in the top right. Select Import Tasks from the dropdown.
In the Import Tasks modal, use the Choose file option to select a file to upload as your import. It is compatible with either Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Project files.
Note: For the Excel import to work, your file must follow the format of the sample files, for both the columns and the data. Repeating tasks cannot be imported when using an Excel file.
If you are using Google Sheets, you can download the file and then save it locally in .xls or .xlsx format.
At the top of the import modal, you can also choose from a variety of sample files to download and utilize for your own import.
Each sample file includes some pre-populated task details related to different user needs such as onboarding, product management, and marketing.
Sample spreadsheet columns
list – The task list you want
to add the tasks to - this is a
- Task – The task title.
- This field also allows you to add
- To add a subtask insert a - before the subtask name.
- # or > can
also be used to denote
- Sub subtasks can be created by inserting --, ##, or >> before the task name.
- Description – The description for the
- Assign to – The people that should be assigned to the task.
- The required format for this field is
email address. Names added here will
not be accepted.
- You can set multiple assignees by adding each email address. Each address should be separated with a comma.
- Note: Email addresses must match users already existing on your site.
- Start date – The date the task is
due to start.
- Due date – The date the task is due
to be completed.
- The date format for the start and end
dates should follow the format you
have selected in your localization
- Priority – The priority for the task, entered
as text: low, medium, or
time – The estimated time for
the task can be entered in a number of
- Tags –
Tags to be added to the task.
adding multiple tags, each tag
should be separated with a
- If the specified tags are not existing tags on your Teamwork site, they will be created as new site-level tags and be applied to the imported task(s).
- Status – Set whether the task is active or
- Test engine
-- Update engine
|Install Time Machine|
For more information, see: Adding Tasks via Email