Within Teamwork Projects, you can quickly add task lists and tasks to your projects via an Excel import.
Open a project you want to import tasks to, and go to the 'Tasks' tab:
In the 'Tasks' section, choose the option button (three dots) to the top right and select 'Import Tasks' from the dropdown:
In the 'Import Tasks' modal, use the 'Choose file' option to select a file to upload as your import. It is compatible with either Excel or Microsoft Project files.
- If you are using Google Sheets, you can download the file and then save it locally in .xls or .xlsx format.
Note: For the Excel import to work, your file must follow format of the sample files, for both the columns and the data.
At the top of the import modal, you can choose from a variety of sample files to download and utilize for your own import:
Each sample file includes some pre-populated task details for different users to utilize, such as onboarding, product management, and marketing.
Sample spreadsheet columns
- Tasklist – The task list you want to add the tasks to, this is a required field.
- Task – The task title.
- This field also allows you to add sub tasks.
- To add a sub task insert a - before the sub task name.
- You can also add nested sub tasks by inserting - - before the nested sub task name.
- Description – The description for the task
- Assign to – The people the task should be assigned to, the required format here is email address. Names added here will not be accepted.
- Start date – The date the task is due to start, the required format here is yyyymmdd
- Due date – The date the task is due, the required format here is: yyyymmdd
- Priority – The priority for the task, entered as text, Low, Medium or High
- Estimated time – The estimated time for the task can be entered in a number of ways:
- 1h 15m
- Tags – Tags to be added to the task, multiple tags should be separated with a comma
- Status – Whether the task is ‘active’ or ‘completed’
|- Update engine|
|- Install Time Machine|
|-- Invent Flux capacitor|
For more information, see: Adding tasks via email