Within Teamwork Projects, you can quickly add task lists and tasks to your projects via an Excel import.
Open a project you want to import tasks to, and go to the Tasks tab.
In the Tasks section, choose the option button (three dots) to the top right and select Import Tasks from the dropdown.
In the Import Tasks modal, use the Choose file option to select a file to upload as your import. It is compatible with either Excel or Microsoft Project files.
- If you are using Google Sheets, you can download the file and then save it locally in .xls or .xlsx format.
Note: For the Excel import to work, your file must follow format of the sample files, for both the columns and the data.
At the top of the import modal, you can choose from a variety of sample files to download and utilize for your own import.
Each sample file includes some pre-populated task details for different users to utilize, such as onboarding, product management, and marketing.
Sample spreadsheet columns
- Tasklist – The task list you want to add the tasks to, this is a required field.
- Task – The task title.
- This field also allows you to add subtasks.
- To add a subtask insert a - before the subtask name.
- You can also use # or > to create a subtask.
- You can also add nested subtasks by inserting - - before the nested subtask name.
- Description – The description for the task
- Assign to – The people the task should be assigned to, the required format here is email address. Names added here will not be accepted.
- Start date – The date the task is due to start
- Due date – The date the task is due to be completed
- The date format for the start and end dates should follow the format you have selected in your localization settings.
- Priority – The priority for the task, entered as text low, medium, or high
- Estimated time – The estimated time for the task can be entered in a number of ways:
- 1h 15m
- Tags – Tags to be added to the task, multiple tags should be separated with a comma.
- Status – Whether the task is active or completed.
|- Update engine|
|- Install Time Machine|
|-- Invent Flux capacitor|
For more information, see: Adding tasks via email