Within Teamwork, you can set a time-based budget for your project.
Project budgets will only be accessible when the Time feature is enabled for the project. The billed and unbilled time budget options will not be visible unless the Billing feature is enabled for the project.
Note: Project budgets are available on the per-user Premium subscription plan and above.
Only project administrators and site administrators can create project budgets via the project settings area.
Creating a budget via the project settings
Go to the Settings tab of your project and select the General subsection.
Under the Project Budget section, click the Add a budget option.
If an existing budget is set, click the three dots in the top right and select Add New Budget from the dropdown.
A pop-up modal will open where you can set the budget information in the Details tab.
Using the Hours and Minutes fields, you can manually set the budget target.
- The current total estimated time on existing tasks in the project will be displayed on the right. Click Set as budget to auto-fill that amount in the time fields.
You can set the budget usage to be based on:
- Billable time
- Non-billable time
- Billed time
- Unbilled time
In the Repeat tab, you can choose to create the budget as:
- A single budget, never repeating
- Repeat weekly
- Custom repeat
- Repeat every custom number of days, weeks, months, or years.
Go to the Notifications tab and click Add Notification if you wish to set a reminder in the lead up to the budget being reached.
Budget notifications can be set to notify you when a custom budget usage percentage is exceeded.
- Budget usage: Set a budget usage percentage - once exceeded, the notification will be sent to the selected user(s).
- Notification type: You can set notifications to be send by email, SMS, or mobile push.
- People: Choose individuals, teams, or companies to be notified when the budget usage is exceeded.
Click Create Notification to add it to the budget.
Once you have filled out the relevant details for your budget, click Set Budget to apply it to your project.
The budget details will be displayed in the Project Budget section of your project settings.
Note: Each project can only have one active project budget at a time.
Creating a budget via the project overview
You can also set a budget via the project's Overview Summary tab.
Near the bottom of the Summary tab, you will see a Project Budget section. If there is no existing budget for the project, click the Add a budget option.
If there is an existing budget, click the three dots at the top of the budget area and select Add New Budget from the dropdown.
For more information, see: Managing Project Budgets