Within Teamwork, you can use special characters to quickly set properties such as assignee or due date when you create or edit task cards in board view.
When you type a supported character in the task title area, a menu will open showing options that you can choose from. You can also continue typing the full value directly.
The auto-complete suggestions will automatically display when a specific characters are entered:
- Assign a person: @name
- Add a tag: #tag
- Set priority:
- Low: !
- Medium: !!
- High: !!!
- Set estimated time:
- ~hours:minutes (such as 4:30)
- ~hours.fraction (4.5)
- ~hours,fraction (4,5)
- ~x hours x minutes (4 hours 30 minutes)
- ~xhxm (4h30m)
- Set start/due date:
- [start day] (such as start today, start tomorrow, start next week)
- [start date] (using the date format in your preferences, such as DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY)
- [due day]
- [due date]
- Choose a task list: (task list name)
To select an option from a menu, you can use your mouse/touchscreen, or use the keyboard cursor keys to navigate the list and use Enter to apply it.
Duration/time spent formats ( ~ )
- Hours:minutes (e.g “4:30”)
- Hours.hour-fraction (e.g “4.5” = 4 hours 30 minutes)
- Hours,hour-fraction (e.g “4,5” = 4 hours 30 minutes)
- Number Unit* (e.g “4 hours 30 minutes”, “4h30m”, “1 week 2 days 3 hours 4 minutes”, “4m3h2d1w”, etc - it’s quite flexible and the units are in the user’s selected language)
Date formats ( [ )
- Predefined options, e.g “start tomorrow”, “due next week”, “today start”. It’s enough to type only a part of each word. The options are in the user’s selected language.
- The expected date format is based on the date format selected in the preferences, however, the parsing is flexible, e.g “.” or “/” can be used in place of “-”, year can be entered as 2 digits, incomplete dates, etc. The preview is displayed, so that the user knows what to expect when they accept the auto-complete.
- When entering a specific date, the user can type a word “start” or “due”, too, in their selected language.
When assigning users or adding tags, any ones already associated with the card/task will be omitted from the suggestion list. Teams and companies will also be omitted if all their users are already assigned to the card/task.
For more information, see: Using Board View for Tasks