Within Teamwork Projects, you can use special characters to quickly set properties, such as assignee or due date, and more, when you create or edit cards in board view.
When you type the character, you will see a menu showing options that you can choose from or you can continue typing the full value directly.
The auto-complete suggestions will automatically display when a specific characters are entered:
- Assign a person: @name
- Add a tag: #tag
- Set priority:
- Low: !
- Medium: !!
- High: !!!
- Set estimated time:
- ~hours:minutes (such as 4:30)
- ~hours.fraction (4.5)
- ~hours,fraction (4,5)
- ~x hours x minutes (4 hours 30 minutes)
- ~xhxm (4h30m)
- Set start/due date:
- [start day] (such as start today, start tomorrow, start next week)
- [start date] (using the date format in your preferences, such as DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY)
- [due day]
- [due date]
- Choose a task list: (task list name)
To select an option from a menu, you can use your mouse/touchscreen, or use the keyboard cursor keys to navigate the list and use Enter to apply it.
Duration/time spent formats ( ~ )
- Hours:minutes (e.g “4:30”)
- Hours.hour-fraction (e.g “4.5” = 4 hours 30 minutes)
- Hours,hour-fraction (e.g “4,5” = 4 hours 30 minutes)
- Number Unit* (e.g “4 hours 30 minutes”, “4h30m”, “1 week 2 days 3 hours 4 minutes”, “4m3h2d1w”, etc - it’s quite flexible and the units are in the user’s selected language)
Date formats ( [ )
- Predefined options, e.g “start tomorrow”, “due next week”, “today start”. It’s enough to type only a part of each word. The options are in the user’s selected language.
- The expected date format is based on the date format selected in the preferences, however, the parsing is flexible, e.g “.” or “/” can be used in place of “-”, year can be entered as 2 digits, incomplete dates, etc. The preview is displayed, so that the user knows what to expect when they accept the auto-complete.
- When entering a specific date, the user can type a word “start” or “due”, too, in their selected language.
When assigning users or adding tags, any ones already associated with the card/task will be omitted from the suggestion list. Roles and companies will also be omitted if all their users are already assigned to the card/task.
For more information, see: Using board view for tasks