Automate.io is an automation tool that enables you to connect your cloud applications and automate your business processes via the use of bots.
Within Automate.io, you can connect Teamwork to a variety of other third party applications to create simple or multi-step automation processes.
You will first need to add Teamwork to your Automate.io apps list and connect to your Teamwork account.
Creating a bot
Go to the Bots tab and click the Create a Bot button to create a new automation process.
When creating a bot, you will need to select a trigger app and an action app.
- If an event occurs in App A (trigger app), then perform a specific action in App B (action app).
Once you have selected your trigger app, you will also need to specify a trigger event.
You can the choose your action app and corresponding action to be carried out.
Teamwork triggers and actions
Currently, the following triggers and actions are available for Teamwork:
- New task
- New task list
- New calendar event
- Add a task
- Add a calendar event
Example: Teamwork and Gmail
In the following example, Gmail has been set as the trigger app with the New Email trigger event. Teamwork is the action app with Add a Task as the action event.
When a new email is received to your connected Gmail account and matches your set conditions, a task should be created in your Teamwork site.
For Gmail's new email trigger, you can customize further:
- Folder / Label - choose a Gmail folder in which to search for new emails.
- Search Filter - apply additional filters to the emails.
- Output Fields
When using Teamwork to add a task, you will need to specify:
- A project and task list in which to create the new tasks.
- Task Title - type a custom title for the task. You can also use the + icon to view and select from a list of Gmail properties such as subject, recipient name, or sender name.
- Optionally, you can set task properties such as assignee, dates, or priority.
If you want to add additional action apps to your bot, click the blue + icon on the right of the screen.
Once you have set your requirements for the bot, click the Save button in the top right corner.
You will be brought to an activation page where your bot will be disabled by default. Use the toggle to turn on your bot and proceed to the testing step.
In the Test step, you have the option to test your bot with live or test data.
For more information, see: Connecting Teamwork to Automate.io