Within Teamwork Desk, you can create a ticket or message on behalf of a customer who may have contacted you via other other means such as phone or chat.
The two ticket options available are:
- Create Ticket - Create a new ticket on behalf of the customer, without notifying the customer.
- This will create a ticket as if it has been sent by the customer.
- Send Message - Send a message to the customer.
- This will create a ticket where the initial message is from the agent to the customer.
- The agent's signature will be included in the initial message.
To create a new ticket or message, select the Tickets tab at the top of your site.
Select the inbox that you want to create the ticket in and you will then see an Add New option in the top right corner. Select New Ticket from the dropdown menu.
Alternatively, expand the inbox in the inboxes navigation pane and click Add ticket below the inbox subsections.
You will have the option to choose between creating a ticket or message for the customer at the top of the ticket form.
There are various fields to enter when creating the ticket or message, such as customer, message, inbox, and assignee.
Whilst typing the customer's name or email address, a list of matching customers will automatically populate. To view a customers profile from the list, click on the i icon to the right of the customers name for more information.
If the customer name/email does not exist as a customer on your site, you can add the customer details directly from the add ticket form.
You can select the Add Customer option from the dropdown or click the email address once you have it typed. This will open the new customer modal where you can add the person's
Once you have the customer selected, you can fill out a subject and message content. At the bottom of the new ticket form, you can set ticket properties such as inbox, source, and status.
Customer email: Who the ticket/message is being created for.
Subject: Ticket/message subject that will be shown in the inbox.
Editor: You can enter the ticket details here.
Inbox: Which inbox it will be created in. If automatic time tracking is enabled for the selected inbox, the timer will start automatically in the top right hand corner of the new ticket form.
Type: Which type of issue it is:
- Problem, question, request, unspecified , custom.
Source: Where the information for the ticket is being received from:
- Docs, email, email (manual), phone, custom.
Status: Set the status of the ticket here. This will apply when the ticket is created in the inbox.
Priority: Set a priority level for the ticket:
- None, low, medium, high.
Assigned to: You can choose to assign this directly to one of your desk agents or leave it for anyone to pick up.
Tags: Add a tag to help identify the ticket easier.
Once you enter the information, select Create Ticket or Send Message (depending on your new ticket form selection).
You can customize the action that should be taken once you press send or create by clicking the arrow to the right of the button.
- Send and view ticket - go to the ticket you have just created.
- Send and create another - create the ticket but stay on the new ticket form to create another.
- The ticket properties selected for the previous ticket will be retained when the form reloads.
- Note: Ticket properties are not remembered when adding tickets via the quick add menu.
For more information, see: Tickets Overview