Within Teamwork Desk, you can add an authentication option to your Help Docs site to restrict public access.
To make a Help Docs site private, go to the Help Docs area at the top of your site and select the site you wish to update.
When viewing the site, select the Settings tab at the top of the screen, below the site name.
Under the Basics area of the site settings you will have the options for Authentication Options. Hover over the setting to reveal the edit pencil.
Once you click the edit pencil, a dropdown will appear allowing you to choose which authentication option to apply to the Help Docs site.
- None - The site is public to everyone. This is the default setting when a Help Docs site is created.
- Desk Agents & Administrators - Only those who can log in to your Desk account can see the Help Docs site.
- Password Protected - Set a password that will be required when someone navigates to the Help Docs site.
- We encrypt the password using industry standard method. To further enhance the security, any time you change the password to the Help Docs, all users are required to re-authenticate to continue browsing.
- IP Address Whitelist - Only whitelisted IP addresses can view your site.
- IP Address Blacklist - Everyone not in your blacklisted IP addresses can view your site.
Note: When using the IP Address Whitelist/Blacklist options an IP address range is inclusive of the "From Address" to the "To Address" for example 127.0.0.1 - 127.0.0.3 contains 3 IP addresses 127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.2 and 127.0.0.3. You can also specify a single IP address by omitting the "To Address".
For more information, see: Creating a Help Docs Site