Within Teamwork Desk, you may want to add a custom domain for your Help Doc site.
Note: Changing a CNAME is done through your domain provider (the company you registered your domain name with eg.GoDaddy.com).
To enter a custom domain, click on the your profile icon to the top right of the navigation bar and select Settings.
Near the top of the page select the Help Docs area of settings.
Select General Settings within the left pane.
The custom domain option is with the Basics area.
- Create the CName record
- Simply create a CName record and point it to your Teamwork Helpdocs site (eg. docs.yourdomain.com). (You usually do this with the company you registered your domain name with eg.GoDaddy.com)
- Do not use a DNS A record for your custom domain. The DNS record you need to create is a CName record.
- Note: If your site is EU hosted, you will need to point the custom domain to eu.helpdocs.com
- Verify the CName record is working
- Once you have created the CName record and you have verified it is now pointing to your site (eg. Browse to your custom domain in a browser and you should see a Teamwork message).
- Update your Teamwork Desk site settings
- Log in to your Teamworkdesk.com account and navigate to settings > Help Docs > General Settings (as above).
Note: SSL is not available automatically on Help doc domains but it can be added, contact email@example.com for more.
For more information see: Help Docs settings