Within Teamwork Desk, you can create custom fields which allow you to display custom information on your tickets and contact forms.
Requesting specific custom information such as an account ID or product serial number from clients at their first point of contact helps to achieve a quicker resolution to their issue.
Custom fields can be added to the access contact form, submit a request forms or the customer portal.
Note: Custom Fields is only available on the Pro and Enterprise plan.
You can access custom fields by clicking on the your profile icon to the top right of the navigation bar and selecting Settings.
Note: Only site administrators can access and update custom fields.
In the settings area, go to the Company tab and select Ticket Fields from the left pane.
Adding a custom field
To the top right of the screen there is an option to add a new custom field.
Once you select a custom field type, the custom fields form will be shown. At the top of the form, you can change between the different field types.
- Text Field - Agents (and optionally customers) can enter in single line text
- Multi-Line text field - Agents (and optionally customers) can enter multiple lines of text
- Dropdown - Allow agents (and optionally customers) to choose exactly 1 option from your pre-defined list
- Numbers - Accept numeric input from agents (and optionally customers)
- Checkbox - Allow agents (and optionally customers) to choose 0 or more options from your pre-defined list
- Date - Allow agents (and optionally customers) to select a date from a date picker
When you have chosen what type of field you require you can then give it a label name and choose whether it is required for agents or not.
Note: By choosing to mark the field as required, agents will be required to fill in the field before the ticket can be solved or closed.
When creating a custom field you can choose from a few options relating to your customers.
- Can view - When enabled, customers will be able to see any custom fields that are associated with their tickets in the customer portal.
- Label - This is the label that will be shown to customers when creating or viewing a ticket.
- The label will not be translated.
- Can Edit - When enabled the custom field may display on contact forms and an edit option will be offered for the field when viewing associated tickets in the customer portal.
- Required - When you enable this the customer must complete this field before marking the ticket as solved or closed.
- Description - The optional description will be shown to customers beneath the form field.
You can choose what inboxes you would like to apply the new custom field to. Tick the boxes next to each inbox you would like or use the search function to find a particular inbox.
Finally, you can choose to apply the custom field to all future inboxes that you create going forward.
Click Save Field at the bottom to add the new custom field.
Note: Custom fields can be included in the task description when creating a Projects task from a ticket.
For more information, see: Adding a new custom field