Within Teamwork Chat, you can update your profile information, notification preferences, and other account details in your account settings.
From the bottom left-hand corner, click either your name/avatar or the settings cog:
The settings available to you will depend on your user permissions. Site administrators from your Teamwork Projects account will have more settings options in Chat.
Within the profile view, you can edit your:
- First and last name
- Handle - the @mention other users would use to message you
- Social Media
Note: Profile settings are linked to your profile within Teamwork Projects, so any changes made will automatically sync across and vice versa.
These detail will then be visible to other users when viewing your Chat profile:
In the preferences tab, you can choose which messages you want to be notified of, enable notification sounds, and enable email notifications.
- All messages - any message that is posted to a conversation or room
- All Mentions @'handle' / @all / @online - when an @command is used, a notification will be sent
- Only @'handle' - when another user @mentions you in a conversation or room
- No messages - no notification will be sent
Note: Any changes made to notification settings will only affect the current version of the app you are using, and won't transfer across to other versions (desktop or browser).
- Disabling will mute the sound alert on all messages received from other users. Desktop notifications will still be sent however sound alerts will become muted.
- Allows users to receive email notifications of important messages via email when marked away and not active.
By replying to an email notification from Teamwork Chat, your reply is posted to that conversation / room.
- Time format - 12hr or 24hr
- Spellcheck language - Choose your language preference for spellcheck to be based on
- Launch at startup - Open the desktop app when your computer starts up
- Save user credentials - Save your user credentials when you quit the desktop app. When enabled, you will be logged in automatically when the app is started.
Administrators can choose which external companies can access Teamwork Chat.
Administrators can manage and invite users via the Users tab of their settings. You will see pending invitations, as well as a list of existing users in your organization.
You can invite new people to join your company by adding their name and email address and clicking 'Invite User':
In the users tab, you can also enable/disable admin permission for the users.
To delete a user, click the options (three dots) button to the right of their name, and select 'Delete User' from the dropdown
Here you can find the current version of the app along with a link to contact our support team.
To log out of Teamwork Chat, you will find the logout option near the bottom left of your settings window.
Note: To exit out of the settings window and return to your Chat view, you can either press 'esc' on your keyboard, or click the 'x' in the top right corner.
For more information, see: Notification settings