Within Teamwork Projects, all tasks are added to task lists, so you will need to make sure that you have at least one task list created for your first task.
To add a new task, go to the Tasks area of your project:
Click the 'Add a Task' button beneath the task list (and under any existing tasks on the list) to add a new task:
You will need to add a name for the task before the option to save becomes available.
Beneath the task name you have entered, you can also choose to add other details before saving:
- What needs to be done: Your name for the task.
- Note: You can use short-codes in the task name area, such as using '@Julie' to mention a person or a role, square brackets for a quick due date such as [tomorrow], or '#tag' to add a tag.
- Who should do this: A task can be assigned to an individual, multiple people or 'anyone'.
- Start and due date: Choose a start date and a due date for the task here.
- Notify by email: Once you've assigned a task to at least one person, you can use this option to notify them by email.
- Description: Provide a description for the task, be as detailed as you wish to help the user complete the task. If you add a URL to this area, it will show as a clickable link. You can also use markdown to format the task description text.
- Files: Select files to be attached to the task, these files will be available to access from the task itself and will also be available through the files tab. You can upload (drag and drop or browse and select), attach tasks already uploaded to the project files area, and also associate files from any of the file storage integrations you've enabled on your project, like Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Privacy: Select the people who you wish to be able to view the task (an exception in all cases is an administrator in the owner company). If the privacy option is greyed out, it means that the privacy is being set automatically from the task list privacy settings.
- Priority: Set a priority for the task. A triangle will appear after you have created the task to indicate how important the task is. Red for high, yellow for medium, and green for low.
- Progress & time: Enter how much time you think it will take to complete the task. The person working on the task can adjust the progress percentage based on how much of the task they feel is completed.
- Followers: Select people to follow the task - you can choose if they are to receive all notifications, only status changes, or only comments.
- Dependencies: Select predecessors for the task using the add dependency option. Dependency relationships can be start-start, start-finish, or finish-finish.
- Repeats: Choose when and how often you want the task to repeat. You must have a due date entered for the task for this option to work. Please note - a new repeat of the task will not be shown until the first task is completed.
- Reminders: You can set an sms, email or mobile push notification to remind those assigned to complete it from this area
- Tags: Create tags or choose from existing tags - then you can use the tag to filter tasks in various areas within your project or site.
- Board column: Choose an existing task board to add the task to.
For more information, see: Creating a task for multiple users