To add a milestone to your project, go to the milestones area in the project and click the Add Milestone button in the top right.
You'll see a screen where you can add information about your milestones:
- Name the milestone: Choose a name for your milestone
- When is it due: Choose the due date for the milestone, the default will be today’s date.
- + Add Description: Choose to add a description to the milestone
- Who’s responsible?: Select the individual or from underneath the Who’s responsible selection box choose multiple people; if assigned to multiple people, any one of them can complete the milestone.
- Notify now?: Choose if you wish to notify the person responsible about the creation of the milestone. There can be a preset here that can have this option enabled by default or not, this preset is available within the settings for the project.
- Reminder?: Choose if you wish to send a reminder about the milestone, this reminder will be sent 24 hours prior to the milestone being due. If the milestone is added within 24hrs of the due date no reminder will be sent.
- Privacy & Followers: Choose who can see the milestone. As in all cases, all administrators in the owner company can see all items. Also choose people you wish to follow the milestone, these people will get updates relating to the milestones.
- Tags: Option to add or create a new tag