Within Teamwork Projects, you can add task lists in a project to group tasks together.
Note: You can't add a task to a project without adding it to a task list.
When creating a task list, as well as giving the list a name, you also have some other options:
- Add a note
- Set privacy - who on the project can see the list
- Milestone - associated the list with a milestone
- An individual task list cannot be associated with more than one milestone at a time
- Pin list - pin the task list so it remains open, even after all of its tasks have been completed
- Template - Use a task template to populate the task list
- Defaults - Set default values for new tasks added to the list, such as who it is assigned to, privacy, start date or priority
Once you have created the task list, you can view the task list options by clicking the dropdown arrow to the left of the task list name:
You can edit, delete, or make a copy of the list, or move it to another project. You can also sort the tasks within the list, bulk edit those tasks, add new tasks or view the email address for posting tasks via email.
The Templates section allows you (depending on your user permissions) to manage task templates, save the task list as a new template, or add tasks to the list from an existing template.
You also have some reporting options within the task list:
- Task List Report - generate a report of tasks within the list.
- You can specify which tasks you want to include/exclude, such as completed, assigned to, or ones without a due date
- Export options: Excel, PDF
- Time Report
- Shows all time logged on the list, including billable, non-billable and estimated time
- You can specify a specific date range you wish to view the time logs for
- Export options: Excel, CSV
For more information on task lists see: Creating a task list