Within Teamwork Projects, you can quickly import task lists/tasks via an excel sheet. You can import these to each project by adding details to an Excel spreadsheet to import.
To import tasks, click on the Tasks area of your project so you are viewing all task lists:
Then choose the option button (three dots) to the top right and select 'Import Tasks':
When you choose the 'Import Tasks' option you will be able to download a sample file to see how the Excel should be completed.
Note: For the import to work, your Excel file must follow the sample file's format.
Sample spreadsheet columns
- Tasklist – The task list you want to add the tasks to, this is a required field.
- Task – The task title. This field also allows you to add sub tasks. To add a sub task insert a - before the sub task name. You can also add nested sub tasks by inserting - - before the nested sub task name.
- Description – The description for the task
- Assign to – The people the task should be assigned to, the required format here is email address. Names added here will not be accepted.
- Start date – The date the task is due to start, the required format here is yyyymmdd
- Due date – The date the task is due, the required format here is: yyyymmdd
- Priority – The priority for the task, entered as text, Low, Medium or High
- Estimated time – The estimated time for the task can be entered in a number of ways:
- 1h 15m
- Tags – Tags to be added to the task, multiple tags should be separated with a comma
- Status – Whether the task is ‘active’ or ‘completed’
For more information see: Adding tasks via email