You can update details of multiple tasks on a task list at once instead of editing them all individually.
In the tasks area in your project, under the task list menu choose the 'Bulk Edit Tasks' option:
Note: If you have a filter applied when attempting to bulk edit tasks, it will only bulk edit those tasks found via the filter, not all tasks on a project.
You'll see the following options, clicking each one will show a link for you to choose the new setting for that option:
- Reassign - choose the person (or people) you'd like to reassign the tasks to
- Start Date - choose a new start date
- Due Date - set a new due date
- Progress - choose the new percentage of progress
- Estimated TIme - add the estimated time in minutes
- Priority - choose the new priority
- Followers - choose who you want to be added as a follower on changes or comments
- Change Creator - choose the person marked as the creator of the tasks
- Privacy - choose whether tasks should be 'private' or 'public'
- Tags - add or remove tags
At the bottom of the screen, you can choose to apply the new settings to all of the tasks on the list, or just those with particular start and due dates (for example 'late tasks' or 'tasks due today'), or currently assigned to a particular person (this includes tasks assigned to that person along with others). You can also choose whether subtasks should also be updated.