Within Teamwork Projects, you can add triggers to columns in your project board view to automatically change properties when a card is moved to that column.
For example, you can set up a column called 'Done' and add a trigger so that any cards moved to that column will automatically be completed.
Note: Triggers cannot be applied in Portfolio view.
To add a trigger, hover over the column name to reveal the options dropdown, and click to show the menu options. Select 'Column Settings':
Use the 'Add Trigger' button and choose what kind of trigger you would like to create:
- Modify Properties
- Modify Assignees
- Auto Complete
- Modify Dates
- Modify Tags
- Modify Estimated Time
- Auto Archive Completed Cards
If you choose to modify the task properties you can now select from:
- Setting the task priority
- Setting the task progress
- Generating a notification for any task followers
Choose whether to replace any current assignees or add/remove assignees, then select them from the list.
Note: You can also choose 'User moving the card' rather than selecting a specific person at this stage.
The auto complete option means that when you move a card to that column, it will automatically be marked complete.
You can choose who should be marked as the completer of the task when it is moved:
- User moving the card
- Current task assignee
- Choose from users on the project
You can update the start date, end date, or both:
For either start or due date, you can choose:
- Don't change - leave the date as it is (use this if you want to update the other date only)
- Remove date - if the task has a due date or start date, this option will set it to 'no date' where possible (some tasks may inherit dates which can't be removed)
- Select a specific date - update the task to use a fixed date that you choose
- Push date - add a number of days to the original date on the card
- Example: If the original date is March 1st and you use "Push due date: 2 days", no matter when you move the card into the column, the new due date will be March 3rd.
- Note: If there's no due date, the new date will be the date you move the card into the column plus the push value.
- Current day - sets the date on the card to the date you move the card into the column.
- Example: Regardless of the original date on the card, if you move the card on March 1st, the new date will be March 1st.
- Current day +1 / +2 / +3 ... +14 - sets the date to the date you move the card into the column plus the value you choose.
- Example:, if you choose "Current day +2" and move the card on March 5th, the new date will be March 7th. If you move the card on March 7th, the new date will be March 9th.
You have a number of options for updating the tags:
- Set specific tags - replace any existing tags completely with one or more new tags
- Add tags - add new tags along with any existing tags
- Remove tags - remove specific tags that are currently applied
Modify estimated time
You can either replace any current time estimate with a new total, or you can increase or decrease the current estimated time on the task. Just enter the hours and minutes that you'd like to set or adjust the time to
Auto-archive completed cards
This trigger will affect cards being moved to the column as well as existing cards, if they are marked as complete.
Viewing and editing triggers
Once you've added the trigger you'll see it listed in the column settings area where you can edit or delete it:
You can quickly see what triggers are set on a column by hovering over the icon in the bottom right of the column:
You can add multiple triggers to a column, and they will all be applied when you move a card to that column.
For more information, see: Using board view for tasks