Within Teamwork Projects, you can create invoices in your project based on either time logs and expenses, or with a fixed price.
To create a new invoice, go to the Billing area of your project:
From there, click the 'Add Invoice' button in the upper right:
There are two tabs where you can add details and choose options for your invoice:
- Invoice No./ID: Enter the invoice ID or number of the invoice. There is no restriction to the type of characters added here.
- Issue date: The date you wish the invoice to be issued on.
- Currency: We support all major currencies. The currency selected will display on the invoice in a number of areas, this includes the total, the subtotal and inline with the time entry or expense.
- Invoice Pricing: Choose whether your invoice is to be a fixed price or based on the time and expenses added.
- PO Number: Choose to enter a client purchase order, if required.
- Notes: Add any notes you may require to show on the invoice. The notes will display in the upper section of your invoice under the issue date.
Once you have created an invoice, you will see it listed in the panel on the left and you can drag time logs or expenses from the 'unbilled' sections to the invoice to add them, using the handle icon that shows to the left of the date:
Filtering options are also present for both unbilled time log lists & expenses. This allows users to choose & find time logs or expenses associated with a person or date range along with how logs are sorted - ascending or descending.
If you chose the 'fixed price' option when creating the invoice, regardless of the time and expenses you add the invoice total will be the figure you set:
If you chose the other option, the total will be calculated taking hourly rates for each person into account.
Note: When you have added a time log to an invoice, it will show up as 'billed' and the time log won't be editable.
For more information, see: Editing an invoice