Within Teamwork Desk you can change the settings for your Help Doc site. It allows you to create new docs and categories.
Note: There is no limit to the number of sites you can have in the Help Docs section.
Note: Only administrators can manage help docs on your account however this does not limit an agent’s ability to update or create new Docs.
Creating a Docs Site:
To create a help docs site, click on your profile icon to the top right of the navigation bar and select 'Settings':
Near the top of the page select the 'Help Docs' area of settings:
To the center of the page you will see an option to add your first help doc site:
Select 'Add your first help site' and enter your details as below:
Once created you will have various settings areas within the left pane:
- Set the Site name
- Whether its a published site or not (you can disable the site if needed)
- Show social icons - When enabled will have buttons for people to share on social media
- Sub Domain
- Custom Domain
- Authentication Options - Set a password to access the help doc site
- Default edit method - HTML or Markdown
- Enter your Homepage URL
- Homepage URL text - What the link should appear as. (also an option to link to your homepage)
- Site description
- Meta description - What will appear when your site is referenced in a search engine such as Google
- Show on homepage - Most popular articles or categories
- Site language
You can enable a contact form for your site and when enabled choose which inbox your customer emails go to.
- Upload a site logo
- Upload a favicon
- Upload a touch icon
- Select the color theme for your Docs account.
- Make it your own, enter templates for Headers, Footers and more.
- If you wish to upload a style sheet or Insert Head code for your Docs site.
- Set up your own category structure, we do support nesting of up to three levels here.
- Create new categories.
- You can support comments via Disqus and you can visit Disqus directly from your this comments area.
- This will list all the articles that you have currently created for this site.
For more information see: Help Doc Permissions