Within Teamwork Desk, the tickets area contains all communication you will have with your customers and deal with any issues that they may be having.
To view your Desk tickets select 'Tickets' from the Desk navigation bar to the top of the screen:
On the left pane you will then see the inboxes on your Desk site:
There are various tickets statuses that you will see within these inboxes:
- New – These are tickets that are new and haven’t been responded to yet.
- Assigned – These are tickets that have been assigned to other users.
- Waiting on customer – You’ve done your part, now you’re waiting on a reply from the customer. This shows you how many tickets are currently waiting on a reply.
- On-hold – Shows the current number of tickets that are on hold. You can place a ticket on hold in the event that you need to do something for a customer.
- Solved – These are tickets that are marked as solved. Once a ticket has been marked as solved, the customer will then get a happiness rating widget to let you know how you did.
- Closed – These are tickets that are marked as closed. Sometimes a customer may just be dropping you a line of thanks or feedback which doesn’t require you to do anything (except maybe say "thanks"). There is no need to mark these tickets as solved, so mark them closed.
- Spam – From time to time, spam may end up in your inbox. You don’t need those, so do the right thing and mark these tickets as spam.
Creating a new ticket in an inbox
If you need to create a brand new ticket, select which inbox the ticket should come from and then select the 'New Ticket' option:
At the top of the new ticket form, you can choose whether to create a ticket or send a message:
- Create ticket - create a new ticket on behalf of the customer, without notifying the customer
- Send message - create a new ticket on behalf of the customer, and notify the customer
You can add a first and last name for the customer, along with the message itself. An email and message subject are required for a new ticket.
- Type - Choose a ticket type (problem, question, request, unspecified) - You can add custom types in your company settings.
- Source - Select a source of the request (docs, email, email (manual), phone). You can add custom sources in your company settings.
- Status - Choose a ticket status (active, waiting on customer, on-hold, solved, closed, spam). You can add custom statuses in your company settings.
- Assigned to - Assign the ticket to a user or leave unassigned
- Tags - add tags to the ticket
For more information see: Getting started docs